09 November 2006

fifteen

M mentioned this morning on the way into work that I'd not written much on the blog of late. “Not true”, I cried. Turns out he meant I’d stuck up some phonephotos but not actually written much else. Oh… So I’m here to address the issue.

One of the things that I didn’t get around to blogging about (cos it deserved a post all of its own) was my surprise trip to fifteen whilst we were in London. Yep, that’s right – one of the world’s biggest Jamie fans got to eat in one of his restaurants. And the worthy one that helps da kidz dontchaknow…

It. Was. Stunning. The whole thing, from start to finish, was like a dream (apart from the fat, sluglike, snobby couple who were sitting on the next door table, and were from something far more nightmareish).

We went for lunch and had a great selection from the set menu, plus a glass of wine each. I opted for the chickpea and herb soup (much sexier than it sounds) and Mark had the goats’ cheese and beetroot salad. And then we both had the braised rabbit (drool…). [It’s amazing how many carnivores have got all “you ate a bunny rabbit?!” at this point when I tell people in conversation. C’mon you eat lambs don’t you?] Gorgeous! M declined to eat desert on the grounds that he was full (there IS a first time for everything!) but I managed to scoff a panna cotta with apple puree and mini donuts. YUM!

No sign of Himself – but well worth it nonetheless. Now we just have to go back to the Big Smoke sometime having saved our pennies for the six course tasting menu with wine… (gulp)


technorati tag:

2 comments:

Fat Roland said...

You ate chickpeas? Aaaw, the poor little cute chickpeas! How could you?!?!?

Sarah said...

I cooked rabbit once and it was horrible. It tasted like cow poo smells. But maybe I just didn't cook it right...