23 October 2006

everything i ever learned about cultural relations, i learned from spooks

No really, it's true! Worrying but true nonetheless. Spooks - the TV series where nothing is ever as it seems. Watch tonight's second parter to understand what I mean (we saw it after last week's episode on BBC3).

So in that context (!) I had a really interesting and varied week last week:
Last Saturday, I was affirming my views of the oneness of the world and all of its inhabitants, and my integrated place in it, through a symposium developed by the Pachamama Alliance
Tuesday, I was speaking about the dekhomai/ MBS/ Jesus Deck thing at the Faith to Faith conference
Friday, I was at the MBS fair, actually doing the dekhomai thing (see Ben's posts)

What a great and varied week, talking faith, spirituality and interconnectedness with everyone! And nothing was as it seemed/ I expected. FtoF people were so welcoming and challenging, and made a very short journey from their interfaith conversations to the world of MBS. Dekhomai was busier than expected for a Friday and I had several very encouraging conversations with people who were really searching. Jonathan and I even chose Jesus cards at the start of the day - The Innkeeper and The Dove. Perfect - hospitality and peace. (And as an aside - what might cultural non-assimilation mean for the MBS/ new age crowd who become followers of the Christ?)

Oh for more weeks like this...

technorati tag:

No comments: